10 things every successful restaurant manager do in a day
Who is a successful restaurant manager? Who is that magical and almost supernatural being, knowing how to keep the restaurant perfectly functioning? Is that a God’s gift or an impressive bundle of skills, and most importantly: how to find or how to be that superhuman? Is it any way possible?
The sugarcoated phrases like “a leader should be a living example”, and “be ready for anything anytime”, “a leader has to bring a team together”, and “to be the first one feeling the slightest breeze of change” don’t help much, aren’t they? But we know what does help!
1. Be an early bird
Yeah, you`ve got it right. To be abreast of everything happening in a restaurant you should be the first one to come and the last one to go.
Come to the place an hour earlier to:
- Ascertain that the restaurant and workplaces are all clean and ready to go;
- Identify latecomers;
- Check the appearance of employees.
What to do if you’re not that fond of early mornings? “Then don’t be a team leader!” you hear us saying, but you`ve got this wrong. Imagine that you could leisurely finish your filling breakfast at home, while checking the accomplished tasks of your last (and all lost) newcomer.
It’s as easy as pie with Mr. Tomato! You just open the app on your phone, and here it is! – the summary of every task, diligently crossed off the checklist by every of your employees. And everything in photos – no forgetting, no cheating, all pure facts. Wouldn’t you like that?
2. Check reports
During this “early” hour, you should generate reports for the last shift and study them:
- Yesterday’s restaurant profit (cash, terminal and cashless payments)
- Discount reports
- Reports on plan fulfillment, average bill, new products sales
- Payment cancellation
Collect all of your documents in Mr. Tomato app! Make it comfortable and accessible, be sure that nothing gets lost.
3. Conduct a meeting with the heads of departments
During the meeting, you should:
- sum up the results of yesterday’s work and briefly voice the key figures of the reports;
- analyze difficult situations, analyze any inaccuracies;
- set every department’s goals and objectives for the day;
- get feedback from the head managers on the work for the past day and their plans for the current one.
Notify your employees about urgent meetings in your own restaurant’s “social media feed” right in Mr. Tomato app!
4. Agree on product purchase
Always check on the:
- Volume of sales;
- Amount of product residues;
- Planned quantity of produce to purchase.
Note that it is necessary to monitor how the amount of purchases corresponds to the established food cost. If the food cost is set at 30%, then the amount of purchases should not significantly exceed 30% of the proceeds, excluding holidays, banquets and other special occasions. It is important to check the actual balances in the storage in order not to freeze the working capital and not to allow write-offs of expired products.
5. Check shipping manifests
Pay attention to these points:
- time and place of stops;
- fuel paychecks availability.
6. Control restaurant’s social media networks
Now the restaurant’s presence on social media is more important than ever. Take some time to check if your SMM does it right (you could also share this checklist with him;)
- Control the regularity of posts and their compliance with the approved content plan;
- Make sure all blog posts have the same tone of voice (all content should be created on the basis of the brand book);
- Pay attention to questions from guests and their feedback. Make sure that answers to guests’ questions are given as quickly as possible;
- Positive reviews should all have feedback, so guests feel that their opinion and attention is important to the restaurant;
- If your restaurant received a negative review, do not rush to delete it (be sure to give feedback, whether it is objective or not).
7. Monitor the reservation and event logbook
All events should be under the personal manager’s control. Find out when the event will take place, how many people will be there, who is the organizer, what the menu is going to be, the interval of serving, and special preferences of the client. Also, never forget to receive feedback from guests after the event.
8. Communicate with guests
One of the main manager’s tasks is communication with guests. Greet and have a friendly dialogue with guests, solving any possible issues or even serving.
This way the manager can get valuable feedback from the guests on the quality of employee’s service.
9. Supervise the kitchen, hall and bar
- Track for at least twice a day of how many tables are open and occupied;
- Control the time it takes for the waiter to serve the dishes;
- Selectively weight the dishes to check if the number resonates with the output indicated in the menu;
- Monitor the implementation of the guest service standards (greeting, service, handling objections, settlement).
It’s tricky to learn all the restaurant’s policies at once! With Mr. Tomato app you can set up reminders for the employees to relearn the material they examined too long ago. Run a test to see if all the team members are on the same page!
10. Conduct a brief survey of employees on theoretical knowledge
The team has to keep up to any changes in restaurant policies or menu, dish specials, so this procedure must be carried out daily in different departments. Monitor waiters and bartenders for knowledge of food and drinks, storage conditions and serving rules.
People tend to forget everything they don’t get reminded of. Mr. Tomato uses micro-learning and gamification techniques to ensure the learning process is 3x more efficient and truly joyful!
Restaurant management is all about tiny, but still very important details. If you think that it’s merely impossible to remember all of that, you’re right! That’s not easy, and you need professional help, that doesn’t get bored, tired or makes mistakes. You need AI powered Mr. Tomato to do the dirty work!
Let the smart app keep all documentation safe, collect the data about your employee’s performance and make your life easy like Sunday morning!
Take a look at how Mr. Tomato can be tailored to your restaurant’s specific needs
Case Studies in Success
Mr. Tomato became one of those promising tech solutions Eurasia decided to try out. We were more than happy to help Eurasia get up and running with Mr. Tomato as soon as possible.